Brooklyn: Schools Census Champion Trainings
As a part of NYC Census 2020 outreach efforts and the City’s plan to reach all New Yorkers, we invite you to join us at an upcoming School-Based Census Champion training to get information and resources to ensure all members of your school community are counted. These training sessions are being co-hosted by the five Borough Presidents and DC 37 in collaboration with the Department of Education, the US Census Bureau, NALEO, United Way, and other community partners.
This training is geared toward school and district-based personnel, especially Parent Coordinators and other staff who support families and develop parent leadership.
The Schools Census Champion Training includes:
– An overview of census operations, including timelines and response methods.
– Information on supporting students and families in temporary housing.
– Messaging strategies to motivate people to participate in the Census.
– A guide to available resources to help you champion Census in your school building.
– Guidance on what you can do at your school to help families complete their questionnaires.
– Swag to help you message Census in your school building.
For questions please email: Daniela Boykin at firstname.lastname@example.org