NY Counts 2020 Conference Day 4: Learn about the most up-to-date outreach strategies we can employ at this time in the final weeks before NRFU begins.
Introductory remarks will be given by Jeff Behler, New York Regional Director, from the U.S. Census Bureau who will give updates on 2020 Census Bureau operations. After breakout sessions (phone and text-banking, social media deep dives, earned media, using maps to target outreach, and in-person outreach), we will hear from Vanita Gupta, President and CEO of The Leadership Conference Education Fund who will give closing remarks and why our work moving into the last few months of self-response is so crucial to our nation’s democracy.
If you missed the panel, see below for the full recording.
- Introductory Speaker: Jeff Behler, New York Regional Director, U.S. Census Bureau
- Breakout Sessions:
- Text and Phone Banking Breakout:
- Fryda Guedes, Data Manager, New York Civic Engagement Table
- Wennie Chin, Senior Manager of Civic Engagement, New York Immigration Coalition
- Social Media Breakout:
- Aliya Bhatia, Census Program Manager, A Better New York (ABNY)
- Tim Lim, President, Lim Consulting Services
- Earned Media Breakout:
- Lizette Escobedo, Director of National Census Program, NALEO Educational Fund
- Julio Rivera, Northeast Census Campaign Manager, NALEO Educational Fund
- Amy Torres Director of Policy & Advocacy, Chinese-American Planning Council, Inc.
- Limited In-Person Outreach:
- Chuck Park, Civic Participation Manager, MinKwon Center for Community Action
- Tory Russo, Census Coordinator, City of Syracuse
- Mapping Tools:
- Howard Shih, Research and Policy Director, Asian American Federation
- Vanessa Smith, Senior Project Manager, Hester Street
- Closing Speaker: Vanita Gupta, President and CEO, The Leadership Conference Education Fund,
- Introduced by Steven K. Choi, Executive Director, New York Immigration Coalition
Welcome to the final day of our "Rebuilding New York" Virtual Conference! With three and a half months left to self-respond, we talk about ongoing outreach strategies today in virtual breakout sessions. It's not too late to join in, just go to newyorkcounts2020.org!
Posted by New York Counts 2020 on Friday, July 17, 2020